Monday, September 23, 2019

The Perfect Sunday

Last Sunday was the most perfect day ever! The first thing I did after waking up was go to Broadway Gourmet in Massapequa. I got an everything bagel with cream cheese and a side of hot sauce. Then, I went to my friends house and we were watching the Jets football game on television. We sat on the most comfortable reclining chairs. They were huge, and leaned all the way back!! I was all bundled up in a blanket with pillows surrounding me. Ten minutes into the game, I was sleeping. When I woke up, we began eating macaroni from the night before. When I say macaroni, I mean pasta with red sauce!! After the game was over, the New York Giant football game was on. We were able to catch the beginning of the game, but my mom was cooking, so we wound up leaving and driving to my house to have dinner with my family. I usually do not have days like this to relax, so, I definitely enjoyed my Sunday. I enjoyed resting, watching television, and eating dinner with my family.

Image Provided by Google Images

Vocabulary:

1. television (noun)- a device that transmits images and sounds on a screen
2. bundled (verb)- rolled up (example: in a blanket)
3. surrounding (adjective)- all around something/someone
4. beginning (noun)- point in time when something starts
5. relax (verb)- to become less tense/stressed 
6. family (noun)- group consisting of common ancestors (example: parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc.)

Vocabulary Activity: Please put the correct term from the word box into the sentence that best fits.

Television     Bundled     Surrounding    Beginning     Relax     Family

1. I spend the holidays with the people closest to me. They are called my ________.
2. In the ________ of the school year, I did not know 1 + 1 = 2, but now I do!
3. I love to ________ after I come home from a long day at work.
4. I have to shut the ________ off before I go to bed because I can't sleep with the noise.
5. In the winter, I love to get ________ up under my blankets. 
6. The crowd was ________ the street dancers because they were amazing.

Grammar Point: The post written above has the grammar points of both the present and past participle tenses. The present form ends in -ing. However, I used verbs like were, was, after, etc. before the verb to imply it occurred in the past tense. The past participle tense contains verbs that end in -ed.

Try the link for better understanding!   https://www.dictionary.com/e/whats-a-participle/

Grammar Exercise: Try writing a paragraph about your perfect Sunday in five or more sentences. You will have a choice: you may either write in the present or past participle tense. Please specify at the end of your paragraph writing. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment